Here is the first version of a simple droplet for converting and publishing 360 panoramic videos. It is intended to be used for the processed output file from a Ricoh Theta S that has the standard 1920x960 resolution. It is easy to do manually, but many people asked for an automatic droplet.
It conveniently includes 32-bit and 64-bit versions of FFMPEG for performing video conversion.
- Extract to your KRPano folder.
- Drag your MP4 video file to the ‘MAKE PANO (VIDEO FAST) droplet’.
- Be patient while your video is encoded to various formats.
- Rename the finished ‘video_x’ folder to a name of your choice.
You can download the droplet here:
Recent improvements include:
- Adding three variations of quality, which can be accessed by the viewer in Settings.
- Improving the quality of the default playback setting.
- Automatically switching to the lowest quality when used on a mobile device.
- Using a single .webm video, as the format is very rarely used, and very time consuming to encode.
- Outputs to a named folder.